Chromacity is going through an exciting period of expansion and have vacancies for the following positions in our R&D and Marketing team. We are an equal opportunities employer and if you think you are the right candidate to join our company please send in your details.
1 – R&D Engineer – Ultrafast OPO R&D
The company is looking to expand the current R&D team to enable the delivery of next generation laser and OPO technologies.
The company’s vision is to provide complex technology solutions to customers in an easy to use product. Customers include fundamental researchers in academia (primarily life sciences), national laboratories and developing product solutions for industrial companies requiring ultrafast light sources.
Area of Expertise
- Femtosecond/ picosecond / ultrafast laser development
- Demonstrable experience in laser development, ideally with expertise in ultrafast lasers, optical parametric oscillators, fibre optics and non-linear optics
- Laser design and engineering
- A theoretical understanding and thorough grounding in experimental techniques relevant to the research
- Demonstrable experience in at least one other area below, supported by evidence:
- Optical parametric oscillator technology
- Handling of optical fibre
- Practical electronics knowledge
- Experience of programming in Autodesk inventor and MATLAB or Python
2- International Business Development
The role will facilitate the building of global awareness of the Chromacity brand and be recognised as the market leader in the field of laser technology.
What you can expect
The purpose of the role is the management, coordination and execution of marketing activities for the business with demonstrable experience in the areas below, supported by evidence:
- Market research to evaluate the value proposition (new market applications, pricing, competitor analysis, new territories etc.)
- Develop and execute the right market entry strategy (e.g. licensing, direct market, OEM etc.) for all international markets/overseas opportunities.
- Attend conference and exhibitions to gather market data and meet potential customers .
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Produce a plan which analyses and prioritises potential opportunities for each of the expanded product range aligned to sales targets.
- Help define the sales process and metrics for performance management of team.
- Upskill internal members of the team.
The ideal candidate must have previous business development experience at a senior level with a track record of closing high value strategic business opportunities, ideally within a tech company setting and an understanding to complex technical sales process.
You will have a good understanding of developing and raising awareness of market profile, develop new customer relationships and ability to research and develop business opportunities in new markets as well as confidently being able to produce reports on effectiveness of sales and business development activity.
You will be a confident leader, with effective project management qualities. A good understanding of industry standards and regulatory requirements would be desirable.
You will have strong communication and organisation skills as well as be competent and confident with IT and Microsoft Office.
3- Finance Assistant (part-time)
What You Can Expect
- Provide advanced book-keeping services to the business (including subsidiaries and any acquired companies) including but not limited to:
- Preparing month end journals
- Taking accounts to trial balance
- Stock Reconciliations / Stock Management Process
- Daily bank reconciliations, processing all payments and receipts
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts
- Purchase order process management (including the reconciliation of key supply accounts and liaising with supplier to resolve any outstanding issues)
- Sales Order Process Management
- Expense claim processing and payment
- Assist with end of year audit preparation and process / preparation of audit file
- Preparing financial reports including but not limited to:
- Monthly management accounts
- Monthly Departmental Reporting / Assist department managers in budget variance analysis
- Cash flow forecasts
- Monthly VAT returns
- Monthly EC Sales lists/EC Intrastat reports (if required)
- Day to day management and maintenance of accounting systems
- Working with the CEO on ad-hoc projects as required. g. business expenses policy, possible implementation of a new financial system, etc.
- Essential in numeracy skills, working knowledge of Sage, MS Excel to an intermediate level (e.g. formatting, formulae etc) and basic ability to use other MS Office applications (e.g. Outlook Email, Calendar and Task List; Word; etc) and online banking systems.
- Essential in the basics of relevant legislation. (e.g. VAT, export controls, EC sales legislation) and application of this in the work environment.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.